Florian Bay is the District Director, Toastmasters International in UK South. Toastmasters is the World’s largest organisation dedicated to public speaking and leadership training. Florian leads a team of 50 leaders looking after over 170 clubs and more than 5,000 members from London to Plymouth. He became a Distinguished Toastmaster in July 2016 in just three years, and also holds a Public Speaking Diploma through the New Era Academy. During his career in the energy industry, spanning nuclear power station operations to corporate strategy, he observed first-hand the challenges that professionals in technical fields face with communicating their findings, plans or arguments to lay audiences. In addition to his senior leadership role in Toastmasters, he delivers communication skills training and coaching through his business, Speak to Lead.
Presentation: Public Speaking Demystified
Effective presenters are commonly perceived as more confident individuals and even have opportunities to become thought leaders in their industry. This interactive workshop will cover the essential ingredients of public speaking with a specific focus on equipping attendees with tools to create well-structured impactful content for speeches and presentations.
Over the course of the session, you will learn:
- The one key question you must ask yourself before preparing your speech
- The four main purposes of a speech or presentation
- How to structure content for maximum impact
- The three approaches you can use to put a great presentation together
- The three cardinal rules that every speaker and presenter should know
- Techniques and exercises to deal with nerves