The Storm PMO Superhero
In January 2020, the FuturePMO team introduced you to our PMO Superhero quiz, giving you a way to identify your PMO superpower and who your Superhero spirit is.
Every superpower brings something important to a PMO. Now that you know what yours is likely to be, we can provide some insight into how to harness that power for PMO good.
If you haven’t already completed our quiz, you can do so at the bottom – don’t worry, we won’t ask for any of your details!
Share your result and tag us in @FuturePMO
The Storm PMO Superpower
You can manipulate your environment for the benefit of others, your enhanced awareness helps to ensure the sustainability of the work delivered by your PMO
The Storm PMO Superhero is famous for their ability to work with any situation and turning it to their advantage to get the best possible results.
Thanks to the hypersensitivity to the surrounding environment, Storm PMO Superheroes ensure that any activity or solution developed by the PMO is going to benefit its Customers. There are no vanity projects where Storm PMO Superheroes are involved – everything has to align to a greater good.
The Storm Superhero in your team is likely to have their eye on those impacted, and the elements in the environment that make them react to change (sometimes) negatively. They can look at a situation, review it objectively, and produce a plan that not only is focused on the best outcome for the impacted party, but one that utilises the existing opportunities and challenges to achieve this.
If you (are the, or) have a Storm Superhero within the team, there are some important characteristics that you need to be aware of:
- Storm superheroes are highly tuned into their environment and have a sixth sense when it comes to anticipating situations, this can be very useful for PMO activity as it demonstrates an ability to anticipate conflicts and issues before they arise
- Storm superheroes are equipped with a strong sense of right and wrong, always having a focus on the sustainability of PMO solutions to future proof the team and the output in terms of longevity
- Sometimes it is possible to see a negative effect on Storm superheroes due to elements in the environment that they are not able to control; when this happens always ensure that your Storm superhero has support to emerge stronger and ready for the next challenge
- Your Storm superhero is able to manipulate the elements they find around them to seemingly create something out of nothing, which can sometimes lead to them executing a plan when they feel like it rather than when the team agrees to move forward
- Storm superheroes are highly intelligent and strive for the best result for all involved or impacted, they will focus on the big picture where they possible can ensure that solutions are aligned to the sum which is greater than its parts
“for project management is to find ways to reduce pain points within the organisation and for customers.”
PMI Pulse of the Profession, 2020