When, where, what?
FuturePMO will take place on Thursday 17th October 2019 at Hotel Novotel London West in Hammersmith, London.
It is a one-day PMO conference designed to help you understand the evolution of the PMO industry so far, and what that means for the future. The day will be filled with several carefully selected speakers to provide you with insight and wisdom that will both help you today whilst proactively challenging your reality.
The theme for the last two years has been ‘Back to the Future’ and ‘Sci-fi’. The theme this year is Special-agent and we can’t wait to show you what we have in store!
Topic sessions are available throughout the day, so you can look at your own PMO and create a pick and mix of sessions that will help you identify the needs of your organisation as well as learn about the future trends and technology that will support you to deliver those needs.
The finalists from the PMO Global Alliance Awards will be speaking which will also give you a unique insight into how PMOs work in other countries and cultures, bringing a totally different perspective.
Spending time with your PMO peers is always valuable and inspiring. Spending that time in an environment tailored to the challenges and opportunities you don’t only face today; but tomorrow will enable both your personal development and the development of your PMO during both the exclusive networking evening and the conference itself.
Who is on the speaker line-up?
- Alan Chambers MBE – former Royal Marine who led the first unsupported UK expedition from Canada to the geographic North Pole and will be delving into Leadership
- Boston University – Steve Leybourne – Professor and Thought Leader in Project Management Bricolage
- Dyson – Bobby Binns – Global Head of PMO at Dyson
- RSM UK – Andy Murray – Partner at Accountancy firm RSM and the author of PRINCE2 who is cited in the Sunday Telegraph’s business supplement as one of the most influential people in project management
- Toastmasters International – Florian Bay – District Director at Toastmasters International, a non-profit educational organisation that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs
- Financial Times – Jo Dourou – PMO Manager that transformed the PMO from an Admin to a data-driven function.
- Ella’s Kitchen – Ellen Jarrett – leads the winning PMO of the 2018 APM PMO of the Year award; Ella’s Kitchen
- LOI University of Applied Sciences – Gilbert Silvius – Academic Lecturer, Researcher & Author
- BBC – Ben Brownlee – from the BBC, the world’s leading public service broadcaster
- Lisbon Business & Economics School – Paulo Finuras Ph. D – Associate Professor
- PMO Global Alliance – Americo Pinto – Founder and Head of a worldwide thought leadership network in the PMO
- The Lucky PM – Marisa Silva, Project Management Author
- Wellingtone – Emma-Ruth Arnaz-Pemberton – Director of Consulting Services at Wellingtone, also Chair of the APM PMO SIG
- Wellingtone – Vince Hines – Managing Director
What are the PMO Global Awards?
The PMO Global Awards is the PMO Global Alliance’s annual award for the most outstanding Project Management Offices in the world. Wellingtone is the only UK Partner for PMO Global Alliance which means FuturePMO is the only conference you will be able to hear from the best PMOs around the world as they deliver individual presentations about their PMO journey.
Chosen from 64 countries across four different continents, the PMOGA 2019 regional winners are:
- Best PMO in the Americas: Banco Bradesco (Brazil)
Hayrne Salvanha – ePMO SR Manager
- Best PMO in Europe: Triglav (Slovenia)
Tine Vižintin – Project Director, PMP
Zoran Korenjak – Project Director, PMP, NLP Master
Damir Kos – Project Director, PMP, CFE
Jaka Borštnar – Director of Project Porftolio and Change Management Department, PMP
- Best PMO in Africa: Jupiter Systems & Solutions (Angola)
Mário Soares – Software Project Manager
- Best PMO in the Asia-Pacific: Ministry of Works, Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning (Bahrain
The 2019 Winner of ‘Best PMO in the World’ will be awarded at FuturePMO in October.
What did other delegates think?
“This is a very interesting conference specifically tailored towards PMOs, it provides you with a chance to interact with PMO professionals from so many industries – if you are in a PMO – do not miss it!” Jaguar Landrover
“The last two continue to have been the best conferences I have attended and that its a great opportunity to learn, get tips, get inspired and network.” The University of Edinburgh
“Good conference without people trying to sell you stuff all day or get your contact details to sell you services after!” AON
Who will be attending?
This year, we are expecting around 350 PMO Practitioners, making it our biggest conference to date. There will be plenty of opportunities to network with peers. As well as a delicious sit-down lunch, networking will also be encouraged at industry-specific tables in the break times.
Watch the 2018 FuturePMO Conference highlights below
Where I can buy tickets?
The discounted APM course has now sold out but you can still bundle the drinks event the night before.
Tickets for the conference are currently £345 and can be booked HERE